Sunday 12 February 2017

Day 1 - Brisbane

I'M HERE! After a terribly long flight with a not-so-fun delay, I've finally arrived in Brisbane and my first solo trip can begin 🙌🏽 The plane ride was super easy (aka I popped a benny and knocked myself out for 8 hours so I barely feel the jet lag). I also sat next to a super sweet couple who gave me tons of words of encouragement for my trip.

Once I passed through customs, I was picked up by my Dad's cousin and a few other extended family members. I can't even begin to tell you how nice it was to be picked up by a friendly face at the airport, as the nerves were beginning to overcome the excitement.

I was taken to the family's lovely home in Brisbane and was immediately offered a beer (note: when I say offered, I mean they insisted - as it would be rude of me NOT to drink the beer), like OKAY I'll take it. I'm not even a beer drinker but I was game for anything that would cool me down in the obscenely hot weather over here (It was 43 degrees when I arrived. 43!!!!) The home is beautiful - surrounded by greenery, and complete with a personalized bar on the patio. We then went to a little pub, made some dinner at home, and then all called it a night pretty early (fine by me I'm exhausted). 

 
 
 

Tomorrow the fam is all back to work, so I'm being dropped off in the city to do some solo touring! I'll have to figure out the transit system and try to make my way around, WISH ME LUCK! I'm very excited. 

Until the next update,
Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment